Lately, we’ve been hearing a lot of talk about the Reggio Emilia Approach, and a lot of Reggio inspired schools are springing up all over the world.
What makes these schools so special? Why do teachers travel from all over the world to get to know this educational framework?
Together we will examine the history of the schools of Reggio Emilia, and the history of its founder, Loris Malaguzzi.
We will discover what distinguishes the teachers, the environments, and the materials of these schools, what is the role of group work, what is the atelier, and why it is essential to be able to express the “100 languages” of children.
We will analyze how technology is used in the classroom, the importance is given to mistakes and to laboratories.
Follow us on this journey to discover these extraordinary schools!
Topic 1: Introduction to the Reggio approach
- Meet your instructor!
- Discover the origins of the Reggio Approach
Topic 2: The teachers
- Intro: how many teachers does a child have?
- The adults: let’s explore the role of the adults (all of them!) In the life of the child!
- The peers: the best part of school is making friends!
- The environment: start considering it a teacher as well!
Topic 3: The protagonists
- Intro: Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither the Reggio schools!
- Rodari intro: let’s meet this extraordinary writer!
- Gianni Rodari: can we bring some of his magic into our classroom?
- Munari intro: let’s meet this extraordinary artist!
- Munari: can we bring some of his magic into our classroom?
Topic 4: Technology
- Tech intro: too much or not enough technology?
- Reggio tech: let’s find out how technology is used in the Reggio classrooms!
Topic 5: Conclusions
- Time to say goodbye! It was nice meeting you!
Check out the course work-book, you can download it at the beginning of the course, and have it next to you when you watch the videos.
Take your time to answer, take notes, reflect upon what you saw and how to apply this new information in your classroom.
Self-paced Courses’ reviews
Time Flexibility! That’s all that I was looking for and that I found with these online courses.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Maria – 47 🇮🇹
The platform is so easy to use! I have to admit that I am a bit a technophobe and that this was my first online course after many years of teaching, but I have found a great team at Europass ready to help me when I needed it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Gabriela – 54 🇪🇸
I highly recommend these courses. I am completing my second online course with Europass and I think they both worth the price.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Yasmin – 35 🇦🇪