CLIL in Practice, Focus on the EU
Price: 0,00 €
The course is relevant for both academic subject and language teachers interested in creating and implementing CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) activities.
This MOOC explains in depth the CLIL methodology and introduces several examples of CLIL activities focused on EU content referring to European geography, history, folklore, and cultural heritage — among others.
By taking the course, you will get inspiration from many examples of CLIL activities that focus on different methods and incorporate either reading, writing, listening, or speaking into an engaging classroom lesson.
The course has one short quiz on the fundamental principles behind CLIL and offers several activity handouts ready to be used in the classroom, along with questions for reflection for the students.
The 4Cs and the Student-Centered Methodology
The module clarifies the fundamental principles and methodologies that define CLIL.
CLIL activities on the European Union
The module presents CLIL activities on the European Union.
- MATCH UP – European Institutions
- CLOZE – The flag of the European Union
- FORM FILLING – Creating your own EU passport
CLIL activities on Germany and France
The module presents CLIL activities focusing on the two countries of Germany and France.
- JIGSAW – Ursula von der Leyen
- MULTIPLE CHOICE – Christine La Garde
CLIL activities on Belgium and Luxembourg
The module presents CLIL activities focusing on the two countries of Belgium and Luxembourg.
- SEQUENCING TEXT – Belgium and Luxembourg
- PROBLEM SOLVING – Challenges facing the EU
CLIL activities on Italy and the Netherlands
The module presents CLIL activities focusing on the two countries of Italy and the Netherlands.
- ANSWERING QUESTIONS – Movie trailer “The Life Ahead”
- PRE-SCRIPTED ROLEPLAY – Girl with the Pearl Earring